Welcome to Venture Café St Louis weekly update covering opportunities for founders to discover, start, and grow their ideas.
Are you building a company? We’d love to hear what you’re building. Share at a Work In Progress event, pitch during Pitch Nite, or let us know if we can help you with feedback or introductions through Connect.
Working on a startup, small business, or technology project and need a connection? Let us know by dropping us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you privately or add your request to our newsletter.
- Micheal Naber, Co-founder of Simerse, is looking for help with SEO. Simerse enhances AI models with synthetic data. Connect
- SoHeart is supporting people recovering from addiction through connection and is looking for beta testers. Connect
- Aero18, an aerodynamic technology that saves fuel for cars and trucks, is seeking funding. Connect
- We’re looking for founders, makers, and creators to share during Work In Progress. Let us know if you’re interested.
- If you missed the previous Work In Progress event you can catch up on the community-powered notes here.
- Strange Loop is accepting proposals for talks and workshops through May 5th. Apply here.
- EDUrain is looking for a CTO. Connect.
- Cheryl Hammond has built a pre-launch site dedicated to discovering and creating self-guided tours. Cheryl is currently looking for professional and amateur tour guides to upload tours. Connect.
- Devon Moody-Graham is in the early stages of a new startup, BubbbleMate, a laundry service marketplace, and is currently signing up washers if you know anyone looking to earn extra money.
- Chaos Audio is looking for music geeks to join their Kickstarter. Learn more.
- Wellbeing Brewing is looking for someone who can infuse liquids with ingredients & support with e-commerce. Connect
- AB Mauri North America is looking for creative ideas for their next trade show (i.e., VR, NFTs, AI, art, and technology). Connect.
- Kristine Mallari presented on Rare Pizzas St Louis and is looking for crypto and NFT enthusiasts to join the St Louis version of the global NFT pizza party. Connect.
4 startups will pitch at Venture Cafe Pitch Nite 026 is this Thursday. Entrepreneurs are pitching to win $500 thanks to Spectrum Reach. RSVP to attend.
- ⚜️ 💻 Arch Grants Global Startup Competition applications are open until April 30. Apply for $50K in non-dilutive capital + mentorship and coworking space. Learn more and apply.
- ⚜️ 🛰 New Geo-Seed Grant Program from T-REX. Up to $20K per proposal to support geospatial research and development. Apply here.
- ⚜️ 🤝 InvestMidwest is still open for investors interested in seeing what deals are getting done. Join here.
- 💰 🌾 USDA announces $1 million in grants. The grant supports through a one-to-one dollar match for new market opportunities in U.S. food and agricultural products and encourages research and innovation aimed at improving the efficiency and performance of the marketing system. Learn more and apply.
- 💰 👔 Onramp Insurance accelerator (part of gener8tor) applications are open | $100K++ | Learn more.
- 💰 👨🏾💼 Visible Hands applications are open for underrepresented founders | $200K | Learn More
- 💰 🙍🏿♀️ $5-10K grants available to Black women founders | Learn more
- Hungry Planet, the St Louis plant-based meat startup, raised $25M led by Post Holdings. Read more
Have news, need a connection, or have an opportunity? Email us at email@example.com
Replay Previous Learning Labs
- Science Coach Student Showcase
- Pathways To Commercialization: Pressure Ulcer Patch And Engineered Tissue For Chronic Wounds
- Agtech Startup: Navigating Changing Markets, Growth And Acquisitions