Welcome to Venture Café St Louis weekly update covering opportunities for founders to discover, start, and grow their ideas.
Are you building a company? We’d love to hear what you’re building. Share at a Work In Progress event, pitch during Pitch Nite, or let us know if we can help you with feedback or introductions through Connect.
Venture Cafe Pitch Nite 026 applications are still open. Apply to pitch and win $500 thanks to Spectrum Reach. Apply now.
- ⚜️ 🛰 New Geo-Seed Grant Program from T-REX. Up to $20K per proposal to support geospatial research and development. Apply here.
- ⚜️ 💻 Arch Grants Global Startup Competition applications are open until April 30. Apply for $50K in non-dilutive capital + mentorship and coworking space. Learn more and apply.
- ⚜️ 🤝 Investors: InvestMidwest is still open for investors interested in seeing what deals are getting done. Join here.
- 💰 🌾 USDA announces $1 million in grants. The grant supports through a one-to-one dollar match for new market opportunities in U.S. food and agricultural products and encourages research and innovation aimed at improving the efficiency and performance of the marketing system. Learn more and apply.
- 💰 👔 Onramp Insurance accelerator (part of gener8tor) applications are open | $100K++ | Learn more.
- 💰 👨🏾💼 Visible Hands applications are open for underrepresented founders | $200K | Learn More
- 💰 🙍🏿♀️ $5-10K grants available to Black women founders | Learn more
In other news
- Spark St Louis, the newest coworking space opening in Ballpark Village, is aiming for a June opening. Learn more here.
- Medtech startup, SentiAR, which developed visualization tech for surgical use, just secured $5.1 million in Series A funding. Read more.
Working on a startup, small business, or technology project and need a connection? Let us know by dropping us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you privately or add your request to our newsletter.
- We’re looking for someone to help us improve our weekly newsletter. Apply here.
- Strange Loop is accepting proposals for talks and workshops through May 5th. Apply here.
- Kristine Mallari presented on Rare Pizzas St Louis and is looking for crypto and NFT enthusiasts to join the St Louis version of the global NFT pizza party. Connect.
- EDUrain is looking for a CTO. Connect.
- We’re looking for more founders and makers to share during Work In Progress. Let us know if you’re interested.
- If you missed the previous Work In Progress event you can catch up on the community-powered notes here.
- Cheryl Hammond has built a pre-launch site dedicated to discovering and creating self-guided tours. Cheryl is currently looking for professional and amateur tour guides to upload tours. Connect.
- Devon Moody-Graham is in the early stages of a new startup, BubbbleMate, a laundry service marketplace, and is currently signing up washers if you know anyone looking to earn extra money.
- Chaos Audio is looking for music geeks to join their Kickstarter. Learn more.
- Wellbeing Brewing is looking for someone who can infuse liquids with ingredients & support with e-commerce. Connect.
- AB Mauri North America is looking for creative ideas for their next trade show (i.e., VR, NFTs, AI, art and technology). Connect.
- Sports Dojo is looking for beta testers. Connect.
- Kanopi is looking for beta testers. Connect.
All these startups and opportunities can also be found in our Startup Directory. If you have an opportunity just send us a note and we’ll include it in our update.
Replay Previous Learning Labs
“Advice for entrepreneurs: the hardest part is starting…If you have the spirit and the drive, you are only holding yourself back if you don’t do it…It is very scary but until you take that leap it will always be a hitch.”
Brad Martin, founder of Another Reality Studio from the How I Built It series with T-REX.
- How I Built It with Brad Martin of Another Reality Studio | T-REX
- The Impact of ITEN Companies on the Region | ITEN
If you enjoyed a session, have a comment, or feedback, you can now rate and comment on our weekly sessions. Find your event, scroll down, and leave a note!
Have an Opportunity?
If you need connections for your startup or project send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to connect you.