Welcome to Venture Café St Louis weekly update covering opportunities for founders to discover, start, and grow their ideas.
Some quick news hits before we jump into what’s happening this week.
- ⚾️ The Cardinals’ third baseman, Nolan Arenado, is jumping into Venture Capital, and infielder, Evan Mendoza, is minting NFTs, & former pitcher Greg Mathews, helping launch the NFT project, Rare Pizzas, in St Louis.
- 👩💻 The NGA-sponsored accelerator announced its cohort of 8 startups including 1 from Missouri, and WEPOWER also recently announced its cohort of 10 startups.
- 🚀 Lastly, congrats to VCSTL community member, Herman Braggs, of ARCHAIN who will be pitching at Venture Cafe Tokyos Rocket Pitch!
- We just launched Office Hours with Brown Smith Wallace (details below).
EdHub Fellowship Applications are Open!
The 6-month Fellowship includes mentorship, seed funding up to $3,000, free coworking space, more. Learn more and apply here. The deadline is April 11, 11:59pm.
- Arch Grants Global Startup Competition applications are open until April 30. Apply for $50K in non-dilutive capital + mentorship and coworking space. Learn more and apply.
- Pitch Nite 026 applications are open and have 4 spots remaining. Apply to pitch and win $500 thanks to Spectrum Reach. Apply now.
- USDA announces $1 million in grants. The grant supports through a one-to-one dollar match for new market opportunities in U.S. food and agricultural products and encourages research and innovation aimed at improving the efficiency and performance of the marketing system. Learn more and apply.
Working on a startup, small business, or technology project and need a connection? Let us know by dropping us a note at email@example.com. We can help you privately or add your request to our newsletter.
New Connect requests:
- Cheryl Hammond has built a pre-launch site dedicated to discovering and creating self-guided tours. Cheryl is currently looking for professional and amateur tour guides to upload tours. Connect.
- Devon Moody-Graham is in the early stages of a new startup, BubbbleMate, a laundry service marketplace, and is currently signing up washers if you know anyone looking to earn extra money.
- Chaos Audio is looking for music geeks to join their Kickstarter. Learn more.
- Wellbeing Brewing is looking for someone who can infuse liquids with ingredients & support with e-commerce. Connect.
- AB Mauri North America is looking for creative ideas for their next trade show (i.e., VR, NFTs, AI, art and technology). Connect.
- Sports Dojo is looking for beta testers. Connect.
- Kanopi is looking for beta testers. Connect.
- Max is the founder of Closr, a prayer app, and is looking for beta testers.
- Brian is launching a newsletter on investing with a specific focus on crowdfunding and the impact of Regulation 506(b) on investing. You can subscribe here and share what investment topics interest you.
- Ty is looking for a manufacturer to make his fidget cube in metal and wood but doesn’t want to use Shapeways. He’d like to find someone in St Louis. Connect with Ty.
All these startups and opportunities can also be found in our Startup Directory. If you have an opportunity just send us a note and we’ll include it in our update.
Replay Previous Learning Labs
When presenting the problem statement in your pitch “don’t just present the problem. Talk about the cost and what there is to gain…this creates urgency.”
Ronak Sheth, cofounder LabelInsights, from Arch Grant’s Learning Lab, How to Build an Investor Pitch Deck
- How to Build an Investor Pitch Deck with Ronak Sheth, Label Insights Cofounder | Arch Grants
- Common Issues Facing Startups: A Legal Perspective | Husch Blackwell
If you enjoyed a session, have a comment, or feedback, you can now rate and comment on our weekly sessions. Find your event, scroll down, and leave a note!
Have an Opportunity?
If you need connections for your startup or project send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to connect you.