Many entrepreneurs “don’t give [their startup] enough time to nurture one idea…before they branch out to try new things. They want to think about the next thing because [the first idea] didn’t become an overnight success.”
This comment on focus from Akeem Shannon the founder of Flipstik came to mind this week after speaking with a handful of entrepreneurs that were attempting to solve several problems at once. Yes, pivots and experimentation are part of the game but the idea is to identify the main problem to be solved, and then have a sharp focus on solving for it.
What are your best tips for staying focused?
- Pitch Nite is returning on March 25th and this time with $500 in prize money thanks to Spectrum Reach. Ready to pitch? Contact us.
- We’re joining Netwerk on Clubhouse for a discussion on “Storage Coins” with guests from Gateway Crypto, Italian digital art curator Eleonora Brizi, and more.
- Sign up for Work In Progress to share or hear what new projects and companies people across St Louis are working on.
- Interested in cybersecurity? Join us next week for Powerful Women in Cyber.
Powerful Women in Cyber
Join us for Powerful Women In Cyber events happening this month!
We’ve added 2 new organizations and have 12 open opportunities. Check the new opportunities below and view all on the Matchmaking tab on our Startup Directory.
- Multiple startups looking for software developers.
- Several Service Providers available to help with basic business functions, legal, accounting.
- Several technical startups looking for marketing power.
- Ready to show your work at Work In Progress? Connect with us.
Have an Opportunity?
If you need connections for your startup or project send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to connect you.
Replay Previous Learning Labs
Work on your clarity and how articulate you are about the business. Write out your application without character limits and cut down – this forces you to articulate what matters and gets your business into concise language that someone out of your world can understand
Dan Schaefer, Founder of Native Pet, from the Arch Grant Learning Lab series.
- Trademark Basics for Business: A Helpful Guide for Identifying, Protecting and Enforcing your Trademarks | Husch Blackwell
- Native Pet Founders Share How they Won Their Arch Grant | Arch Grants & Native Pet
- Investing in a Bitcoin Future | Stephen Cole
If you enjoyed a session, have a comment, or feedback, you can now rate and comment on our weekly sessions. Find your event, scroll down, and leave a note!