Join Maryville University and Venture Cafe St Louis in March for several cybersecurity events. On Thursday, March 18th at 4:00 PM CT, join us for an inspiring and informative evening where we will feature incredible women who will share the different roles they play in the cybersecurity industry. This event is open to all professionals interested in or working in the cyber community.
Depending on the source of the data, women make up between 20-25% of the cybersecurity workforce. The latest figures estimate that there are more than 8,600 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in Missouri and 521,617 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in the US. While the number of women joining the cybersecurity workforce is growing, the cybersecurity community as a whole needs better ways to access and harness untapped talent in order to fill these jobs.
Who should attend:
- You are new to cybersecurity and want to learn about the profession
- You want to connect and meet with female professionals in cyber
- You want to learn how to protect your startup or small business from security threats
Powerful Women in Cyber Events
Thanks to Maryville University, as part of the Powerful Women in Cyber discussion during the month of March you can access:
- Cybersecurity Office Hours with Maryville University’s Cyber Fusion Center experts to learn how to protect your startup, small business, or nonprofit from security threats free of charge
- Attend the Powerful Women in Cyber panel on March 18th with panelists:
- Jessica Burress, Cybersecurity Specialist, Boeing
- Priya Mouli, Program Director, Technology Strategy & Risk Consultant
- Sarah Baldeo, Artificial Intelligence & Digital Transformation Innovator
- Alma Maria Rinasz, Developer Advocate
- Moderator, Andrea Rodriguez, President of WiCyS
- Join the WiCyS Powerful Women in Cyber Meetup on Thursday, March 25th at 5PM CT to connect with other women interested in or working in cybersecurity.