We hope you’re well-rested and ready to take on 2021. We strongly believe in entrepreneurship as a way to empower individuals to create better lives for themselves, their community, and create more equitable cities. We’re doubling-down on our commitment to helping you launch and grow. If you’re interested in being part of a community to help your entrepreneurial endeavors and others, keep posted through our newsletter for exciting updates. If building a company, nonprofit, or new tech isn’t in the cards for you, there’s no harm in unsubscribing.
If you’re part of the former, what do you need to get your business to the next milestone? Ask us anything on Connect or just hit reply to this email and we’ll do our best to connect you.
- 💼 We’re ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for our 1st ever EdHub Expert-in-Residence (EIR) program. Learn more & apply >
- 💼 We’re HIRING a part-time Operations Manager. Learn more & apply >
- 🗣 We’ve brought on the systems change firm Sons & Daughters of St. Louis to help us make a bigger impact. Share your thoughts >
- 🤝 Passionate about entrepreneurship and active in the startup community? Apply to become a Connector!
- 🤷 We’re adding more Office Hours. What topics will be most helpful for your startup? Financial, legal? Hit reply to let us know.
New Connect Requests from our Community
- New entrepreneur looking for an app developer
- New entrepreneur looking for a web developer
- Biotech entrepreneur looking for guidance in product management, volume manufacturing, distribution, and ecommerce
- Food justice nonprofit looking for board members
► Know how to help? Hit reply and we can connect you!
Previously solved requests:
- Retail company connected to a local manufacturer for commercial sewing project
- New inventor connected to Inventors Association of St Louis
- New art nonprofit received help with marketing and customer acquisition
Venture Café is a nonprofit and is made possible by your support. While Cortex and CIC support our work we are not subsidized by them as many think. If you enjoy Venture Café, consider a monthly or one-time gift.
News, Funding & Updates
- 💰 The Black New Venture Competition is giving out $175K in non-dilutive capital. Apply by Jan 16.
- 💰The team from Wefunder is giving out $50K + mentorship for startups tackling the “new normal”. Apply by Jan 17.
- 💰 Capital Innovators & the NGA are giving $100K plus mentorship for geospatial startups. Apply by Jan 17.
- 🎉 Thumbraise has helped startups raise more than $50M in funding. Full story.
- 🎉 Squad, founded by STL native, was acquired — and then shut down — by Twitter. Looks like Jack may be taking the tech to create some sort of Clubhouse-type feature in Twitter??