Venture Café St. Louis is excited to announce that we are now taking applications for our first Expert-in-Residence position as part of our EdHub STL program.
About EdHub EIR Program
The EdHub STL Expert in Residence (EIR) will support Venture Cafe St. Louis’ efforts to encourage education transformation through innovation and entrepreneurship. The EIR will serve as a facilitator and mentor in key start-up activities related to education equity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. The EIR is responsible for identifying learning opportunities and workshops during online Venture Cafe Thursday Gatherings that will benefit Fellows and our education community.
About the EdHub Fellowship
The EIR will assist in the design and implementation of a competitive fellowship that aims to empower educators and entrepreneurs to develop or expand innovative and transformative initiatives anchored in social equity. Fellows will lead a mission-critical project, nonprofit, or company. Each participant receives mentorship and training from industry leaders. Fellows will graduate from the program with effective, equitable, and sustainable strategies for the continued success of their company or initiative.
About the Venture Cafe Thursday Gatherings
The EIR will facilitate a series of discussions and learning sessions during Venture Cafe Thursday Gatherings, spotlighting opportunities, and proven or promising practices relative to education innovation, equity-centered learning, applied learning beyond traditional pre-K–16 settings, and cross-sector integration. Facilitation of the series during Gatherings (and other adjacent programming efforts as appropriate on an ad hoc basis), will require the EIR to find speakers to lead lectures/workshops for aspiring education entrepreneurs, coordinate office hours or feedback sessions for education entrepreneurs, and make introductions or share resources that will support the growth and commercialization of new initiatives.
This recruitment is for one year, contract position and rotates annually. The percentage of time for each hire will vary based on a mutually agreed upon time commitment as negotiated between the candidate and Venture Cafe St. Louis.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent job training
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledgeable about business idea-to-launch methodologies and resources
- Background in EdTech and/or education
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and report qualitative learnings from the cohort and monitor progress by collecting data and archive learning for projects
- Ability to create an equitable recruitment and selection process for the fellowship
- Ability to building a strong fellowship experience/culture and community with fellows
- Strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation
Salary & Benefits
- $50,000-$65,000 compensation commensurate with experience
- Flexible/remote work environment
- Access CIC coworking and amenities
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date resume
- A one-page document outlining:
- 3-5 metrics for success for the EIR, programming, and Fellowship
- Topics and brief 1-3 sentence descriptions of your first two learning sessions or workshops you would offer for the Thursday Gatherings.
- A list of at least two professional references, and one personal reference
Venture Cafe St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.