Venture Café St. Louis is seeking a part-time Operations Manager to support the growth of our program operations.
About Venture Cafe St. Louis
Venture Café St. Louis is an independent non-profit organization that connects innovative and entrepreneurial-minded people to launch new companies, projects, collaborations, and networks of support. We do this through the Thursday Gathering, EdHub, and other online programs and spaces to educate and connect entrepreneur-minded individuals. Venture Café St. Louis is a member of the Venture Café Global Network, a federation of nonprofit organizations building a movement to enhance the innovation process in cities around the world.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for implementing the EdHub Fellowship and educational talks during the Thursday Gathering which includes programs designed for aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs interested in a wide range of endeavors including education, technology, and other verticals.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Internal and external communications among EdHub fellows, Expert-in-Residence (EIR), speakers, volunteers, and attendees
- Assist Director in developing and planning all programs and events
- Assist Director with EdHub Fellows application and selection process
- Build and maintain relationships with speakers and Fellows
- Create and improve workflows to build efficient and scalable operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in any field is a benefit but not required
- Experience in operations, business development programming, or executing events
- Great hospitality skills – able to keep community members engaged and happy even while resolving problems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and an excellent listener. Natural comfort with public speaking, in formal and informal settings.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational, project, and task management skills
- A strong relationship with technology. Familiarity with Google Apps, WordPress, and familiarity with social media channels is a plus.
- You have been involved in innovation and/or entrepreneurship and innovation initiatives
Targeted hiring range: $35,000 – $40,000. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Up-to-date resume
- One page cover letter
Venture Cafe St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.